Instructions Before Reading

I stand by the right to publish incomplete snippets. The point of this blog is to share life. If there is a unity in my life, it will become apparent what that unity is. No post is a complete thought, theology, worldview, or poem within itself, it must be taken within the context of the entirety of this blog, considerations of who I am in public as well as who I am in extreme situations like when I am forced to wake up at 4:30 in the morning to help my wife jump start her car in 20 degree weather.

I recognize my right as a flawed human being to do the following: 1) be wrong, 2) change my mind, 3) be inconsistent, 4) have improper grammar and spelling conventions. You are just as flawed, wrong, capricious, and prone to theological alteration as I am... so get over it.

Looking Into The Abyss

The spoiled brat can't decide to have a strawberry milkshake or an Oreo blizzard. If I were living in poverty I don't think I would be quite so concerned about making some of these decisions in life. My "What the heck do I do? God where are you? What do you want me to do?" would be quickly turned into "HOLY CRAP look at the amazing choices I have to choose from!"

It's easy for me to get all spiritual about where God wants me, that way I can ignore who he wants me to be where I'm at -a common occurrence in my life. Ok I rephrase that, it's easy for me to worry about where God wants me. Getting all spiritual about it would mean I would spending immense time in prayer trying to figure it out. whoops.

God is big, very big. Using a word to describe him makes him something small. He is what He is which is more than we could ever say. He also wins in the end, he does what He wants and gets his way -not in the spoiled child sense mind you. Even when I'm frustrated it's just frustration cause I'm not getting all my little whims fulfilled, not cause I'm scared that God isn't going to annihilate all that is wrong in this life. I may make some huge mistake in upcoming decisions, frankly I don't really care because there is no way I can know whether or not they are a huge mistake, I can just kind of guess at stuff. If God wants to give some specific marching orders, he knows how bad I am at listening to Him. God will have his way, I won't be able to mess that up.

Thanks Dad. Thanks for grace. I think it's probably the greatest cure for paranoia. You save me from sin, and you save me from myself.

No comments:

Visitors