Instructions Before Reading

I stand by the right to publish incomplete snippets. The point of this blog is to share life. If there is a unity in my life, it will become apparent what that unity is. No post is a complete thought, theology, worldview, or poem within itself, it must be taken within the context of the entirety of this blog, considerations of who I am in public as well as who I am in extreme situations like when I am forced to wake up at 4:30 in the morning to help my wife jump start her car in 20 degree weather.

I recognize my right as a flawed human being to do the following: 1) be wrong, 2) change my mind, 3) be inconsistent, 4) have improper grammar and spelling conventions. You are just as flawed, wrong, capricious, and prone to theological alteration as I am... so get over it.

Thanksgiving.

I am thankful for kindness. Not that sort of I have to, or I'm gonna be a nice person kindness. Fake. When someone says "I really appreciate you," or "I missed you," and you know they really mean it. It touches the heart.

I'm thankful for music. Music that speaks into a situation and has an awesome beat or tune to boot. It doesn't leave you empty like a superficial good guitar solo that moves through your system like sugar. Crash and burn. I like steak and eggs music.

I'm thankful for difficulty. Something about hardship makes life seem worthwhile. Playing a game where everyone is a winner no matter what happens sucks. I like that Jesus is a winner and I get to be on his team. Kind of like being in middle school and getting to be on Jason Sii's team at recess, only Jesus passes me the ball more. He must not realize I suck at basketball.

I'm thankful for learning, changing, growing. It reminds me that I'm not exactly all that and a bag of chips; far from it.

I'm thankful for grace. Not just God's grace for sin and all that (as if it's insignificant or something); but grace from other people. I guess that comes from God too. I'm thankful for people who know I'm a fraud and still love me.

I'm thankful that Jesus is alive. I'm not that spiritual and I tend to experience silence more often than his presence, that is until I look back and see his greasy handprints all over the place in the story of my life.

Yay for Blush Zinfindel and White Russians (the beverage not the people). Well hooray for white Russian people too. Why not I'm part Russian. My Chiropractor (a Russian named Maxim) told me that cause I have a square jaw.

Thank you God. In this crazy mess of life, all that is meaningless in itself finds meaning because you care about us for some reason.

No comments:

Visitors