Instructions Before Reading

I stand by the right to publish incomplete snippets. The point of this blog is to share life. If there is a unity in my life, it will become apparent what that unity is. No post is a complete thought, theology, worldview, or poem within itself, it must be taken within the context of the entirety of this blog, considerations of who I am in public as well as who I am in extreme situations like when I am forced to wake up at 4:30 in the morning to help my wife jump start her car in 20 degree weather.

I recognize my right as a flawed human being to do the following: 1) be wrong, 2) change my mind, 3) be inconsistent, 4) have improper grammar and spelling conventions. You are just as flawed, wrong, capricious, and prone to theological alteration as I am... so get over it.

I feel odd.


I admittedly feel a little out of place. I'm finding (not suprisingly) that my views on the kingdom are somewhat..... radical.... Ha I guess that's the point of radical discipleship.

Today someone asked me for my two sentence description of the kingdom, a motto of sorts.

Jesus Christ is King. I am an ambassador of His kingdom to the world.

I doubt that's really profound in any way. It obiously has a lot of implications; but hey, he asked for two sentences.

Another motto I tend to cling to is Do all in love to Jesus Christ. I'm not saying I practice this to perfection, it is the goal, the dream. I want all that I do to flow from my love relationship to Him. I want to see Jesus in others and love Jesus. I want to form my life around Him, I want to hear Him say my name (oh that could be a post in itself).

I have been talking with a High School guy who just had a big break up with his girlfriend. Basically it was a hormonally driven relationship. She got bored, and he got hurt. Basically this has opened Him up to the drastic sacrificial love of Jesus Christ. The one that won't get bored with us. This guy poured his heart into this girl, and she could care less. Jesus poured out a love that He knew would be rejected.

I saw a great example of that kind of love this week. I took a trip with one of the pastors here at Maple City Chapel. We took a vehicle to a single abused mother whose van was kapoot. I asked him how he decided when to give. I loved his response, "People seem to worry about how to avoid getting ripped off. I figure, I'm a pastor I get ripped off every day. I also figure, we rip off God every day. We sin and He extends Grace. So why can't I do that for others?" I like that.

So. Want to know the heart of God. Allow yourself to be ripped off on a daily basis. Give until you can't give anymore... than give. Watch people squander foolishly what you gave them... then give them some more. Seems like a good description of grace.

Do all in love to Jesus Christ

No comments:

Visitors