Instructions Before Reading

I stand by the right to publish incomplete snippets. The point of this blog is to share life. If there is a unity in my life, it will become apparent what that unity is. No post is a complete thought, theology, worldview, or poem within itself, it must be taken within the context of the entirety of this blog, considerations of who I am in public as well as who I am in extreme situations like when I am forced to wake up at 4:30 in the morning to help my wife jump start her car in 20 degree weather.

I recognize my right as a flawed human being to do the following: 1) be wrong, 2) change my mind, 3) be inconsistent, 4) have improper grammar and spelling conventions. You are just as flawed, wrong, capricious, and prone to theological alteration as I am... so get over it.

Do you know my Jesus?

To say my Jesus makes it sound like my perception of who Jesus is. My perception of who Jesus is is small. Reverse the sentence a little bit. When doubting Thomas said "My Lord and my God," he was saying the reverse of that, "The God of me!"

How foolish we are in limiting the power of Christ. Many say, you limit the grace of Christ in forgiving our shortcomings. Oh how true this is, but equally erroneous is limiting the power of Christ to work in us!

I am both a fatalist and an idealist. I am fatalist in the sense that, we will sin, we will make mistakes. I am an idealist that, the one who has His eyes on Jesus Christ will recieve grace to overcome ANYTHING!! Temptation or trial. We have become soft and complacent, we exalt ourselves, excuse ourselves, and we limit God. We make grace cheap. Oh if only I really knew the heart of God, I would be weeping on my face before Him.

So if sin proves the grace of God, do we keep on sinning? Absolutely not! To walk with Jesus is to converse with the amazing power of righteousness that works in us and through us. The power that equips us to live above what we could possibly live under our own power. And yet we never give God the chance to work through us in that way. Before we give Him the chance to give us the grace endure suffering, we pull a gun. Before we follow the difficult commands of his word and give him the chance to give us the grace to follow them, we pick the easy solution. Oh what calloused people we are! Oh what fools and failures. When will we ever trust our God with unwavering faith. When?!

And then as time wraps up; the Father grasps us in His arms. Seeing all described above, and so much more we don't realize, He whispers to our hearts "you are my child, I love you passionately."

May the Love of Jesus Christ drive us to unmeasureable service to our Lord. And may it drive us into the arms of unmeasureable grace. Somewhere along the path, the two meet, and they create the song of the ages, the gospel of Jesus Christ.



If I stand, let me stand on the promise that you will pull me through. And if I can't, let me fall on the grace that first brought me to you.

-Rich Mullins

No comments:

Visitors