Instructions Before Reading

I stand by the right to publish incomplete snippets. The point of this blog is to share life. If there is a unity in my life, it will become apparent what that unity is. No post is a complete thought, theology, worldview, or poem within itself, it must be taken within the context of the entirety of this blog, considerations of who I am in public as well as who I am in extreme situations like when I am forced to wake up at 4:30 in the morning to help my wife jump start her car in 20 degree weather.

I recognize my right as a flawed human being to do the following: 1) be wrong, 2) change my mind, 3) be inconsistent, 4) have improper grammar and spelling conventions. You are just as flawed, wrong, capricious, and prone to theological alteration as I am... so get over it.

Mother's Week: Dancing in the Pain

Mom Danced --once or twice. Both times with medical consequences. One dance sessions happened as she walked toward her car as us boys played basketball on the concrete. I don't remember why she started dancing, but the next thing we knew, she was flat on gravel laughing --or crying, I'm still not sure which.

On another occasion mom filleted the back of her hand with a Miracle Blade knife while talking on the phone, which was also the cause of both pain and laughter. She was millimeters from severing a tendon.

My mother never gave me the impression that life was easy, or even all that pleasant, but she found reasons to laugh. I'm thankful to have caught that trait; life is far too serious and severe to go through it without a healthy dose of laughter mixed with the pain. Sometimes you just gotta dance, even if it costs you an ankle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it Jason. I have to tell you how proud we are of you! Congratulations on graduating! I can't wait to see you next week.

Visitors