Instructions Before Reading

I stand by the right to publish incomplete snippets. The point of this blog is to share life. If there is a unity in my life, it will become apparent what that unity is. No post is a complete thought, theology, worldview, or poem within itself, it must be taken within the context of the entirety of this blog, considerations of who I am in public as well as who I am in extreme situations like when I am forced to wake up at 4:30 in the morning to help my wife jump start her car in 20 degree weather.

I recognize my right as a flawed human being to do the following: 1) be wrong, 2) change my mind, 3) be inconsistent, 4) have improper grammar and spelling conventions. You are just as flawed, wrong, capricious, and prone to theological alteration as I am... so get over it.

The Gospel for Sale

While in Colombia our group did a sketch that illustrated the creation and fall as well as Christ's redeeming love. This is all done to a sound clip, very beautiful. Very powerful.

After one of the services an excited young Colombian man approached me with a notepad. He spoke broken english; but between his broken english and my broken spanish he was able to ask where we found the sound clip and if he could find it as well.

I am amazed by the power of drama and sound to capture the heart and plant the seeds of the gospel. God has truly given great gifts to his people in order to spread his kingdom. And apparently he has also provided them with a lucritive business opportunity.

I went to the youth pastor who was leading our group to ask him how our passionate brother in Christ could procure this gospel tool. "Oh well you just have to go to the website of a well known short term missions group and purchase it for $180" So I had to go back to this guy and watch his heart drop as I told him that this wonderful tool of the gospel that he was so willing to take to anyone within his reach would cost him fifty to seventy percent of his monthly income. He wrote down the information; but not quite as excitedly as he had previously been.

Ok I'm not exploring all the options here to be quite honest. I'll email said short term missions group and see if they could cut this guy a break. We'll come back to this.

1 comment:

Josh said...

that's a shame bro...tsk.

Visitors