Instructions Before Reading

I stand by the right to publish incomplete snippets. The point of this blog is to share life. If there is a unity in my life, it will become apparent what that unity is. No post is a complete thought, theology, worldview, or poem within itself, it must be taken within the context of the entirety of this blog, considerations of who I am in public as well as who I am in extreme situations like when I am forced to wake up at 4:30 in the morning to help my wife jump start her car in 20 degree weather.

I recognize my right as a flawed human being to do the following: 1) be wrong, 2) change my mind, 3) be inconsistent, 4) have improper grammar and spelling conventions. You are just as flawed, wrong, capricious, and prone to theological alteration as I am... so get over it.

The Motivation for Change

My love for God doesn't come out of ecstatic feelings, though He does sometimes enhance the joys of life, nor because He has made life a breeze, though I repeatedly see storms settle when I have nothing left to give. The sense of peace, the thought in the back of my mind that makes me want to smile, the haunting presence that makes me continue wrestling toward God is the fact that He has forgiven me, knows every thing I have done and will do, understands all the ways I have and will fail, and yet loves me and has committed himself toward making me into something beautiful, even if it means temporary pain.



No comments:

Visitors