Instructions Before Reading

I stand by the right to publish incomplete snippets. The point of this blog is to share life. If there is a unity in my life, it will become apparent what that unity is. No post is a complete thought, theology, worldview, or poem within itself, it must be taken within the context of the entirety of this blog, considerations of who I am in public as well as who I am in extreme situations like when I am forced to wake up at 4:30 in the morning to help my wife jump start her car in 20 degree weather.

I recognize my right as a flawed human being to do the following: 1) be wrong, 2) change my mind, 3) be inconsistent, 4) have improper grammar and spelling conventions. You are just as flawed, wrong, capricious, and prone to theological alteration as I am... so get over it.

The Freedom of Exposure

We have this innate fear to be seen for what we are. I'm not sure why. At the same time we have this innate desire to be seen by the world and loved. At least I do.

I just joined up with a couple guys who were already meeting on Mondays. Basically we lay all our crap on the table. Self exposure. I think I'm gonna get a tan.

I talked with this guy at the church who is a cocaine addict. Yes he still is. According to him he will be for the rest of his life. He makes no claims of 'irrevocable recovery' he knows he's a threat to himself and to those around him. There was something beautiful about his blatant honesty. I want to be a cocaine addict.

I sort of wish every paper in the World, on the same day, published all my dirty little secrets. There would be CNN reports and Hannity and Colmes would talk about me. Probably most people would think I was a pervert or something. They'd probably also be afraid to speak up too loudly about the situation cause they'd probably be in the same boat I am.

So here's to honesty. Yay for cocaine addicts. Yay for Jesus who already knows; but still loves me.

No comments:

Visitors